THE INSTANT POT
DIET IS FUNDAMENTAL: GETTING IT RIGHT CAN BE GAME CHANGING
Diet is often cited as 80% of bodybuilding. I don’t know if it’s that high, but obviously diet is an incredibly important fundamental. Eat better foods more frequently and you’ll gain better, or lose bodyfat if that’s your goal.
The Instant Pot is that game changer, because it simplifies your life!
WHAT EXACTLY IS THIS THING?
Most things you see on info-mercials are gimmicks. There are exceptions though, and this is one of them.
An engineer from Ottowa named Robert Wang created it. Like every good invention, it was created because he had a problem: It took him forever to cook healthy meals for his family. So he joined forces with 2 other engineers and invested $350,000 of his own money in the project. Now that takes balls! This thing combines sautéing, pressure cooking, slow cooking and just about everything else you can do on a stove into one simple, all things to all people device!
UNDER THE HOOD
When you inspect the thing it’s unlike anything else you’ve cooked with. The inside is a stainless steel cooking sleeve, devoid of any chemical coatings. I’m still not sure HOW he did it, but it cooks food up to 16 times faster than normal! Even better, the food is incredibly delicious! You can’t screw up either. I’ve eaten more burned chicken breast, rice etc than I care to admit. But you literally can’t fuck this up. It’s like having a gourmet chef at the helm, it makes you feel like you accomplished something, LOL.
QUICK, HEALTHY MEALS
To give you an idea as to what to make (and how fast it is), here are a half dozen examples
- Hard Boiled Eggs. Put a dozen and 1 cup of water in the cooker. Hard boiled in all of 5 minutes!
- Pinto (or other) Beans. Throw in a pound of beans, 6 and a half cups of water, and 1 or 2 Bouillon cubes.” Done in 45 minutes, and you don’t even have to pre-soak them!
- Baked Potatoes. Place as many whole potatoes as you like in a cup of water. Done in just 12 minutes!
- Whole Chicken. Throw a whole chicken in the pot. Now add spices and a half cup of broth. Done in a whopping 24 minutes, and it’s juicy as hell!
- Steel Cut Oats. Throw in 1 cup of oats and 3 cups of water. Done in just 10 minutes, and no stirring required!
- Turkey Breast. Either solo or rubbed with seasoned salt and some garlic oil. Combine everything and toss it in the pot. 30 minutes later, you’re eating delicious turkey breast!
Buy a big one (the 8 quart is good), simplify your life and improve your diet drastically.